Why should you show customer appreciation and how is best to do it? We’ll discuss how customer appreciation efforts keeps your customers loyal and how you can show your thanks in more ways than one.
Why Show Customer Appreciation?
If you truly appreciate the connections and relationships you’ve built with your customers over time, you already know the importance of making sure that they’re happy and that they feel valued.
Taking some extra time and some of your budget to show additional appreciation to your customers can help you do this and benefit you in many ways, including:
• Brand Impression: If you need to change the way customers think of your brand, sending them a gift or holding a customer appreciation event can give you the opportunity to change brand perception. For example, holding a charitable event and inviting customers to participate can help make your brand feel more generous.
• Recommendations: Customers who feel a strong connection with your brand are more likely to recommend it to those they know. Branded apparel can help prompt the recommendation.
• Loyalty: When your customers feel appreciated by your brand, they are more likely to stick with it and choose you over your competitors.
• Reminders: Many loyalty gifts, like swag and apparel, serve as reminders about your brand and prompt your customer to make a purchase or reach out.
How to Show Customer Appreciation
There are three main ways you can show your customers that you value their business: events, loyalty programs, and giving gifts. You can personalize these events to best match your customers and your business. Here are a few ideas.
Hold events for your customers to help enrich their connection with your business. Consider:
• Educational: Teach your customers something new, on a subject you know they’ll be interested in. For example, if you’re a furniture shop, hold an event that teaches your customers about different kinds of antique furniture.
• Social media-specific: Reward those who follow your social media account by inviting them to exclusive webinars or in-store events.
2. Loyalty Programs
You can use loyalty programs to increase sales and to make your most loyal customers feel appreciated. Here’s a few ways to structure your program:
• Point rewards: Give your customer a certain amount of points for every purchase they make. This gives them the flexibility to choose when to cash out and get a reward.
• Free Stuff: Other companies simply give their customers a free item after a certain number of purchases. This is simpler and still appreciated by customers. Everyone loves free items!
3. Give Gifts
Giving your customers free stuff without tying it to their purchase is another great way to show that you value their business. Here are a few items you might consider gifting:
• Sweet treats: What better way to indulge your customers than to offer them a sweet treat? These are best served in-store or at events.
• Green gifts: Have an environmentally conscious customer base? Gift something that helps them stay green, such as reusable drinking straws or a travel tumbler.
• Apparel: Any kind of business can use apparel as their customer appreciation gift. Giving a practical gift that your customer will use is a good idea too as it heightens the impact of the gift.
Get Personalized Apparel Today
Reach out to Proforma Battlefield Advertising to find the perfect customer appreciation gift and add your branding and logo to it. The most effective customer appreciation gift is one that always reminds your customer of the company that gave the gift and advertises at the same time.